MAGNOLIA, Del. - Troopers say they are looking for a suspect who they say tried to steal from a woman's purse at Dollar General, in Magnolia.
Delaware State Police says on August 15, around 2:15 PM, a woman was shopping at Dollar General on West Birdie Lane when a man who had been reportedly acting suspiciously in the store approached the woman's shopping cart and put his hand in her purse. According to the report, the woman then covered her purse with both hands and screamed that she was being robbed. Troopers say the suspect then removed his hand from the purse and began running out of the store.
Authorities report as he was fleeing, the suspect threw a box of detergent at a male employee who was trying to black his escape. The suspect then apparently exited the store and continued running in a southern direction. Officials say no one was injured during this incident.
DSP describes the suspect as 25-35 years old, standing 5'06" to 5' 08" tall, and weighing 150-170 lbs. the was reportedly last seen wearing grey shorts, a white T-shirt, and blue baseball hat. Officials say that no weapon was displayed.
Anyone with information related to this incident is asked to call Detective D. Blomquist at 302-698-8426 or Delaware Crime Stoppers at 1-800-847-3333.
- Man charged with sixth DUI in Millsboro
- Judge eyes case guidelines in prison riot prosecution
- Maryland officials warn public about charity scams
- Hoppers Tap House teams up with local non profit organization to fundraise
- Salisbury Police to introduce a new child identification system
- Local sheriff's office to host active shooter seminar