MAGNOLIA, Del. - Troopers are searching for a suspect, after they say he robbed a liquor store, in Kent County.
Delaware State Police say on Wednesday, around 9:45 PM, a man went in to Woodside Liquors, in the area of Peachtree Run, with a handgun, in Magnolia. According to the report, the suspect pointed the gun at an customer that was leaving the store and and told him to leave. Troopers say the suspect then confronted the employee at the counter and demanded that she give him cash. The clerk reportedly complied with the suspect's demand and turned over an undisclosed amount of cash, before the suspect exited the store and ran northbound. Authorities say the customer and the employee were not injured.
Troopers describe the suspect as a man standing 5"10" to 6'0'" tall, and weighing 18 to 200 lbs. The suspect was apparently last seen wearing jeans black shoes, a black jacket, gloves and a hat. DSP says he was also armed with a unknown type of handgun.
Anyone with information related to this robbery is asked to call Detective J. Callini at 302-698-8503 or Delaware Crime Stoppers at 1-800-847-3333.
- Locals rally in DC for March For Life
- Community writes notes of love on framing of military veteran's new home
- Local high school offers student thrift store
- Wicomico High Schools host opioid awareness day
- Wayne Hartman announces candidacy for State Delegate 38C
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers called in to do an emergency dredging of Ocean City inlet