DOVER, Del. - Police are asking for the public's help in identifying a suspect involved in an armed robbery, in Dover.
The Dover Police Department says on Monday, just before 4:40 AM, an unknown suspect was noticed shoplifting by a Rite-Aid employee at the store, in the 1500 block of S. DuPont Highway. When the employee confronted the suspect, police say the suspect pulled a knife from his jacket and approached the victim, cutting him on his left arm.
Officers report that the victim then grabbed the suspect and struggled with him to the floor, but the suspect was able to get away.
According to the report, the robbery suspect was seen fleeing in a white Nissan Pathfinder driven by a woman.
Anyone with information related to this incident is asked to call the Dover Police Department at 302-736-7130 or Delaware Crime Stoppers at 1-800-847-3333.
- Police search for Del. man wanted on multiple charges
- Man charged in connection to 2017 incident at Somerset Co. Dept. of Social Services
- No one injured in Kent County house fire; cause identified
- Physician, 78, sentenced on Medicaid fraud, drug charges in Va.
- Deputies: Acetaminophen and oxycodone found during Dorchester Co. traffic stop; one arrested
- UPDATE: Suspect charged in connection to Salisbury homicide investigation