SMYRNA, Del. - The Delaware Office of the State Fire Marshal is looking to apprehend a suspect in an arson that happened on August 21 in Smyrna.
The Citizens Hose Company of Smyrna responded to a building fire shortly after 5:00 PM at the Harris Manufacturing Company on 655 West Glenwood Avenue. Multiple fires had reportedly been put out inside the building.
State fire investigators determined that the fires were purposely set inside the building and they declared that the fires were an act of arson. Fire damage was estimated at $1,500. No one was injured.
A suspect was developed when the suspect's picture allegedly appeared on Snapchat starting the fires and filming the destruction. Investigators are asking for the public's help to identify the suspect.
Anyone with information is asked to call the State Fire Marshal's -- Kent County Division at 302-739-4447 or Crime Stoppers at 800-TIP-3333.
- Del. man charged with third DUI offense after Dover crash
- Wanted Easton man surrenders to police; man facing weapons and drug charges
- Deputies: Student tased after resisting arrest at Parkside High in Salisbury
- One dead in Ellendale hit and run crash; investigation ongoing
- Police: Man dead after two-vehicle crash in Laurel
- Dover Police: Over 60 bags of heroin, over $11K found in drug investigation; one charged