DOVER, Del. - The Delaware State Police were called to respond to an incident Saturday in which a small aircraft overshot a runway.
Around 10:22 a.m. the pilot of a 1971 Fixed Wing Single-Engine Cessna called 911 to report that the aircraft had overshot the runway at Chandelle Estates Airport.
Troopers and DelDOT personnel responded to the scene where they found the small aircraft in the middle of Bayside Drive (SR9) between Silver Leaf Lane and White Oak Road.
The pilot and one passenger were uninjured, but the plane sustained damage to the prop and front landing gear.
SR9 between Silver Leaf Drive and White Oak Road was closed for approximately an hour and a half while the plane was removed from the roadway.
The investigation into this incident has been turned over to the Federal Aviation Administration.
- Locals rally in DC for March For Life
- Community writes notes of love on framing of military veteran's new home
- Local high school offers student thrift store
- Wicomico High Schools host opioid awareness day
- Wayne Hartman announces candidacy for State Delegate 38C
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers called in to do an emergency dredging of Ocean City inlet