MILLVILLE, Del. - Pet parents made sure their fur-babies got a picture with Santa Paws on Sunday in Millsville. It happened at Millville's Pet Stop.
Event organizers said they came up with the idea seven years ago.
The annual event helps raise money for several local charities.
The process is simple. People pay $10 to get a picture of their pet sitting on Santa Paws' lap, and all of that money helps animals in need.
Willia Peoples, the Store Keeper, said, "Every pet I meet is a joy, but I haven't found one with a debit card or check book yet and sometimes they need vet care that either they're strays or their mom and dad can't afford to do certain things, so it gives us discretionary funds to be able to help those pets along the way."
The pet store said they also make Christmas stockings and all of the proceeds from that go toward the same cause.
- McCready Health expands its Behavioral Health Unit
- Wicomico Yacht Club nears opening
- Locals weigh in on potential school safety measures
- Wicomico Co. woman convicted in 2017 child abuse case
- UPDATE: Man sentenced in 2016 rape case in Wicomico County
- Democrats unveil bill to ban assault-type rifles in Del.