WEST REHOBOTH, Del. - The Delaware State Police is currently investigating a shooting that left one man hospitalized Monday night.
At approximately 7:45 p.m., troopers responded to the 37,000 block of Johnston Street in West Rehoboth after receiving reports of gunfire.
When troopers arrived on scene, they found a man suffering from a gunshot wound to a lower extremity. That victim was then transported to a nearby hospital to receive treatment for his injuries.
At this time, no suspects have been identified.
This investigation is still in it's early stages and detectives are continuing to conduct interviews and collect evidence at the scene. Detectives said any additional information and details will be released as it becomes available to them.
If anyone has any information regarding this incident, they are encouraged to call Detective T. Boyce at 302-752-3792. Information may also be provided by calling Delaware Crime Stoppers at 1-800-TIP-3333, via the internet at www.delaware.crimestoppersweb.com.
- Police investigate multiple cases of credit card fraud in Kent Co.
- Md. students protest guns outside White House
- Seventies film star pledges donation to UMES
- Md. officials preparing for spotted lanternfly invasion
- Police: Officer shot, killed intervening in domestic dispute in Md.
- UPDATE: Man arrested in connection to Salisbury slashing