SMYRNA, Del. - (AP) - A Woodside woman is charged with trying to smuggle heroin and marijuana into the James T. Vaughn Correctional Center during a visit.
Delaware State Police say 32-year-old Ashley M. Everett was arrested Wednesday and charged with two counts of possession with intent to deliver a controlled substance, two counts of promoting prison contraband and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Troopers say Everett entered the visiting area of the correctional center to visit an inmate. A correctional officer told Everett she would be searched for any contraband. Everett became emotional, and after officers searched her she was found to have .084 grams of raw heroin and 3.52 grams of marijuana in a bag inside her mouth.
It's unclear if Everett has an attorney.
- Operation Warm provides coats to hundreds of Delaware students
- Wicomico Co. drug bust leads to arrest of Parkside teacher
- UPDATE: Parkside teacher being held without bond in Salisbury; previous bond revoked
- Del. man charged with third DUI offense after Dover crash
- Wanted Easton man surrenders to police; man facing weapons and drug charges
- Deputies: Student tased after resisting arrest at Parkside High in Salisbury