DELMAR, Del. - A robbery is under investigation, after police say that a suspect got away with cash and liquor, in Delmar, on Saturday night.
According to Delaware State Police, troopers responded to Low Price Liquors on Sussex Highway, in Delmar, at 8:45 p.m., on Saturday night.
A 39-year-old male employee reportedly just locked the door to the business after closing for the night, when he was confronted by a masked suspect, who was allegedly armed with a handgun. Police say that the victim was forced back inside the business at gunpoint and then ordered to open the cash register.
The suspect then reportedly took cash from the register and a bottle of liquor from the display before leaving. The employee was not injured.
The suspect is described as a black man, 6'0, thin build, wearing all dark clothing including a cover over his face. The suspect is also described as having a black handgun.
No surveillance photos are available at this time. Anyone with information is asked to call Detective Kristunas of the Troop Four Major Crimes Unit at 302-752-3856. Information may also be provided by calling Delaware Crime Stoppers at 1-800-TIP-3333 or via the internet.
- Exclusive first look at SBY Marathon medal designed by local students
- One charged after fatal crash in Kent Co.
- Community rallies behind Berlin business after devastating fire
- Broadband networks to expand to Accomack County
- Meeting held to explain golf cart laws to residents
- Keeping pets protected as the weather heats up