MILTON, Del. - A shooting remains under investigation, after police say a man was injured on Tuesday evening, in Milton.
According to Delaware State Police investigators, troopers responded to a local area hospital, in reference to a reported shooting at 8:08 PM, on Tuesday evening.
The incident was reported to State Police by the Hospital Emergency Section Staff. The shooting allegedly happened between 5:30 PM and 6:00 PM, when the victim was walking on the roadway, in the area of Fisher Road and Hudson Road, and he suffered a single gun shot wound to his lower body.
The victim, a 23-year-old Milton man, was taken to a local area hospital by a personal vehicle, where detectives met with him. The victim was later treated and released.
The suspect was described as a black man approximately 6'00" tall, 180 lbs., with a full beard, wearing a dark colored hoodie, blue jeans and driving a black four door passenger car.
The incident is under investigation by the Delaware State Police Major Crimes Unit. Anyone with information is asked to call Detective T. Williams Snipes at 302-752-3897. Information may also be provided by calling Delaware Crime Stoppers at 1-800-TIP-3333 or via the internet.
- Officials: Students and staff safe after threat reported to Pocomoke High's main office
- Fire officials: No injuries reported in Millsboro explosion
- After Florida shooting, Millsboro PD says they're prepped for an active shooting situation
- College of William & Mary picks first woman as president in 325 years
- Over 100 doses of alprazolam found in Dover; two charged
- Police: Man wanted after woman was slashed in assault incident in Salisbury