SEAFORD, Del. - Two Seaford men were arrested Wednesday evening on drug and firearms charges, with one man reportedly jumping into Williams Pond in an attempt to flee, Seaford Police said.
Officials say Seaford Police stopped a vehicle at the Motel 6 parking lot at around 6:30 PM. The driver reportedly jumped out of the car and started running away, with police initiating a foot chase. Police say the man threw heroin into Williams Pond and jumped into the water.
The man, identified as 25-year-old Tojah D. Bacon, was arrested. Police say they recovered the packaged heroin floating in the water.
Officers then obtained a search warrant for Bacon's home, reportedly discovering approximately 200 bags of heroin, drug scales, paraphernalia and a loaded .45 caliber semi-automatic handgun that had been reported stolen. Darren J. Bacon, 42, was arrested at the residence.
Tojah Bacon is charged with possession of heroin, resisting arrest, tampering with physical evidence, receiving a stolen firearm, possession a firearm by a previously convicted felon, possessing a firearm during the commission of a felony and several additional drug and traffic charges. He has been committed to the Department of Correction with no bond, officials said.
Darren Bacon was released on bond pending a preliminary hearing, police said.
- Bill: students could use sunscreen without doctor's note in Md.
- Officials: No one injured after garage fire spreads to home in Bishopville
- Man arrested in connection to assault in Talbot Co.
- Attorney: Gov. Carney ignoring ruling on court political balance
- County Seat Highway shut down after three vehicle crash in Georgetown
- Results of joint operation to battle crime are announced in Md.