REHOBOTH BEACH, Del. - A man is facing a fifth drunk driving charge, after police say he crashed while driving a moped with his 2-year-old son, in Rehoboth Beach.
Delaware State Police says that they responded to the Sea Air Mobile Home Park, in the area of the 19000 block of Golden Avenue, for reports of a traffic crash around 6:30 PM, on Tuesday. After investigating, police learned that 48-year-old Anthony Taglienti of Rehoboth Beach, was driving a 2012 Puma moped with his 2-year-old son on his lap when he lost control, causing them to fall to the ground.
According to the report, the 2-year-old suffered several abrasions. Both Taglienti and the child were transported to Beebe Healthcare where they were treated for non-life-threatening injuries. After being released from the hospital and while being transported back to Troop 7, in Lewes, a driving under the influence of alcohol investigation began.
Taglienti was charged with fifth offense of driving under the influence of alcohol, endangering the welfare of a child, vehicular assault third degree, and driving while suspended or revoked. His previous offenses were one in 1998, two in 2006, and one in 2014. After arraignment at Justice of the Peace Court #2, he was turned over to the Sussex Correctional Institution on a $17,200 cash bond.
- Aladdin's Lamp Funhouse officially retired
- Veterinarians say, your pets can catch the flu from you
- Local doctors say it is not too late to get your flu shot
- Public meeting on offshore drilling is set for Wednesday in Va.
- DNREC: Seaford water supply ruled safe after testing
- MSP: One dead after single-vehicle crash in Somerset Co.; investigation ongoing