DOVER, Del. - A wanted man was arrested, after police say they found over 1,000 grams of marijuana in a motel, in Dover.
The Dover Police Department says on Monday, just before 11:00 AM, they were assisted by the Delaware Probation and Parole in arresting 24-year-old Shannon Johnson at the Super 8, on DuPont Highway. Police say Johnson was wanted by Dover PD for a domestic related offenses in July 2017.
According to the report, authorities noticed a large amount of marijuana in plain view when arresting Johnson. Dover PD reports that the arrest resulted in officers finding 1,149.8 grams (40 ounces) of marijuana and $1,673 in suspected drug money, and packaging material for resale of marijuana.
Johnson charged with possession with intent to deliver marijuana, possession of marijuana (Tier 1), possession of drug paraphernalia, and endangering the welfare of a child (1-month old baby present in the room). He was later released on an unsecured bond.
- UPDATE: Victim of Md. school shooting dies after removal of life support
- UPDATE: Teen suspect arrested in connection to Md. high school bomb threat investigation
- Town hopes lighting up the alley will make streets safer for residents and visitors
- Much needed funds coming in for Worcester Habitat
- Wicomico County Public Schools announces Teacher of The Year
- Wicomico High School expands food pantry