DOVER, Del. - Two people are in custody, after police say they seized over 1,000 bags of heroin during a search at a hotel, in Dover.
The Dover Police Department says on Thursday, just after 6;30 PM, they were assisted by the Delaware State Police and Delaware Probation and Parole officers with an administrative search warrant. Police say they searched a room at the Sleep Inn, on N. DuPont Highway, which belonged to 37-year-old Michael Grabowski, of Hartly. Authorities report that 26-year-old Ashley Deel, of Dover, was in the room at the time of the search.
According to the report, a total of 1,043 bags of heroin, three doses of suboxone, and drug paraphernalia were seized.
Grabowski was charged with possession with Intent to deliver heroin, possession of heroin (tier 5), drug paraphernalia, possession of controlled substance, and conspiracy second degree. He was also charged with additional offenses by the Delaware State Police. The 37-year-old was then turned over to James T Vaughn Correctional Center on a $53,000 bond.
Deel was charged with possession with intent to deliver heroin, possession of heroin (tier 5), drug paraphernalia, and conspiracy second degree. She was then turned over to Baylor Correctional Center on a $41,200 bond.
- Code Purple extends services as cold temps continue
- Police search for Del. man wanted on multiple charges
- Man charged in connection to 2017 incident at Somerset Co. Dept. of Social Services
- No one injured in Kent County house fire; cause identified
- Physician, 78, sentenced on Medicaid fraud, drug charges in Va.
- Deputies: Acetaminophen and oxycodone found during Dorchester Co. traffic stop; one arrested