MILFORD, Del. - Police say that they are investigating a serious crash involving a bicyclist in Milford on Tuesday morning.
Investigators say that the incident happened around 7:35 AM on Thursday when 76-year-old Thomas Draper of Milford, was bicycling eastbound on Slaughter Beach Road in the area of Wells Road when he was struck by a 2013 Ford F-150 pickup truck operated by 37-year-old Shawn Armstrong of Lewes, who was also traveling eastbound on Slaughter Beach Road.
The pickup truck stopped immediately after the crash and called 911. Draper was initially transported to Bayhealth Milford Memorial Hospital before being air-lifted to Baltimore Shock Trauma in critical condition. Armstrong was uninjured in the crash.
The Collision Reconstruction Unit is continuing their investigation into this incident. Drug and alcohol use do not seem to be a factor in this case.
No charges have been filed at this time. Slaughter Beach Road was closed for about three hours while the crash was investigated and cleared.
- Local accountants explain the new tax plan
- Missing Dover man: Jimmy Klein
- AARP announces tax prep dates beginning in Feb.
- UPDATE: Hiring process open for upcoming Chick-Fil-A in Millsboro
- MLK III calls out President Trump on alleged immigration comments
- Va. panel votes down push for stricter gun laws