MILFORD, Del. - Police say that they are investigating a serious crash involving a bicyclist in Milford on Tuesday morning.
Investigators say that the incident happened around 7:35 AM on Thursday when 76-year-old Thomas Draper of Milford, was bicycling eastbound on Slaughter Beach Road in the area of Wells Road when he was struck by a 2013 Ford F-150 pickup truck operated by 37-year-old Shawn Armstrong of Lewes, who was also traveling eastbound on Slaughter Beach Road.
The pickup truck stopped immediately after the crash and called 911. Draper was initially transported to Bayhealth Milford Memorial Hospital before being air-lifted to Baltimore Shock Trauma in critical condition. Armstrong was uninjured in the crash.
The Collision Reconstruction Unit is continuing their investigation into this incident. Drug and alcohol use do not seem to be a factor in this case.
No charges have been filed at this time. Slaughter Beach Road was closed for about three hours while the crash was investigated and cleared.
- Salisbury City Council reaches consensus regarding mayor's salary
- More changes coming to Salisbury parking meters
- Local community gives back to Salisbury Police Department
- Food pantry giving away Thanksgiving dinner boxes
- DHSS looking for donors for Adopt-A-Family holiday program to provide gifts
- Ocean City recruiting summer police officers