HARTLY, Del. - A crash involving a horse and buggy remains under investigation, after police say a man was injured on Monday morning, in Hartly.
According to Delaware State Police, at 7:21 AM, on Monday morning, a 25-year-old Hartly woman was driving a 2014 Chevrolet Equinox southbound on Pearsons Corner Road, just south of Yoder Drive.
A horse and buggy, driven by a 51-year-old Dover man, was traveling directly in front of the Equinox, and was struck in the back.
The horse fled the scene, but he was found uninjured on a nearby farm. The driver of the Equinox, Lauren Nickerson, was wearing a seat belt and was not injured. Nickerson was issued a traffic citation for careless driving.
The 51-year-old man was taken by the scene by E.M.S. and taken to Bay Health Kent General Hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
- Unconscious driver arrested on DUI charges in Wicomico Co.
- Md. catholic school principal arrested on multiple DUI charges
- Smoke detectors being recalled as they may not detect smoke
- Mumps outbreak linked to Hispanic dance festival in Del.
- UPDATE: Gold Alert canceled for Harrington man
- Two charged in connection to Accomack County rape investigation