MILLSBORO, Del. - The Delaware State Police Collision Reconstruction Unit is currently investigating a car accident, which claimed the life of 26-year-old Jesse J. Hendrix of Seaford.
The accident happened at approximately 9:53 PM on Friday night as Hendrix, who was driving a 2015 Dodge Dart, was traveling Nine Foot Road (SR26) eastbound, approximately .5 miles west of Revel Road, at an apparent high rate of speed.
Police say Hendrix began to lose control of the car while negotiating a gradual curve to his left and proceeded off the south edge of the roadway.
Police say he then over-corrected, and traveled off the north edge of the roadway, at which time his car entered into a ditch, rolling over multiple times, before coming to rest on its roof in an open farm field.
Hendrix, who was not wearing a seatbelt, was pronounced dead at the scene. Impairment on his behalf is unknown at this time. Hendrix was the sole occupant of the car.
Nine Foot Road was closed for approximately 2.5 hours while the crash was investigated and cleared.
The investigation is ongoing and anyone with information is asked to contact Cpl. J. Burns of the Sussex County Collision Reconstruction Unit at 302-703-3266.
Information may also be provided by calling Delaware crime stoppers at 1-800-TIP-3333 or via the internet at http://www.delaware.crimestoppersweb.com
- Democrats unveil bill to ban assault-type rifles in Del.
- Del. woman, non-profit organization employee indicted on multiple fraud charges
- Unconscious driver arrested on DUI charges in Wicomico Co.
- Md. catholic school principal arrested on multiple DUI charges
- Smoke detectors being recalled as they may not detect smoke
- Mumps outbreak linked to Hispanic dance festival in Del.