LAUREL, Del. - Delaware State Police are investigating a fatal crash involving a single vehicle.
An 18 year old Laurel woman was pronounced dead at the scene after crashing into a tree at an apparent high speed.
Police say the woman was not wearing a seatbelt while traveling at a high speed on Fire Tower Rd, less than half of a mile north of U.S. Rt. 9.
She then approached a sharp curve, over corrected the turn, and lost control of the vehicle.
The vehicle then slid off the roadway and slammed into a nearby tree.
Police say the incident occurred at approximately 2:53 a.m., Sunday.
Authorities have not yet released the victim's name until family is notified of the incident.
Fire Tower Rd. was closed for 3 hours while the scene was investigated and cleared.
The investigation is ongoing and anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact Cpl. J. Burns of the Troop 7 Collision Reconstruction Unit at 302-644-5020.
- Anglers kick off day one of annual Flounder Pounder Tournament
- DSP: Teen robbed during Del. incident; investigation ongoing
- UPDATE: Officials: Horse euthanized in Md.
- Health officials announce dates for immunization clinics
- Under the sea, marine heat waves could wreak havoc on wildlife
- President Trump makes good on threat to revoke Brennan's clearance