HARRINGTON, Del. - Harrington Police say a Harrington man was arrested Friday and charged with strangulation and assault after a reported domestic dispute.
Officers responded to the Holiday Inn on South DuPont Highway where they made contact with a woman who reported that she was assaulted at a residence on Dorman Street. During a dispute, Cory J. Harding, 22, reportedly attempted to choke the victim.
After the alleged assault, both Harding and the woman reportedly left the residence, with the woman going to the Holiday Inn to call police. Police say officers observed minor facial injuries on the woman.
Officers then responded to the Harrington McDonalds on South DuPont Highway where they arrested Harding without incident. He is charged with strangulation and third degree assault and has been released on $4,000 unsecured bond, officials said.
- PRMC now offers minimally invasive brain surgery
- Salisbury traffic stop leads to drug charges for Pa. man
- Foodie Friday: Watermen's Inn
- UPDATE: International sex offender sentenced for rape of Del. child
- UPDATE: Wanted inmate in custody after escape from Del. correctional center
- Police search for suspects involved in Milford strong armed robbery