DOVER, Del. - Police say that they are investigating the death of a 24-year-old man, after he was reportedly found unresponsive following his arrest for a shoplifting incident on September 20, in Dover.
According to Dover Police, 24-year-old John Manning III, of Dover, was taken into custody without incident shortly after 11:30 AM, on September 20, in connection to a shoplifting incident at Sam's Club, on North DuPont Highway.
The arresting officer took Manning to the Dover Police Department holding facility until he could be processed and arraigned on the pending charges.
At 2:03 PM, Manning was reportedly found unresponsive and not breathing. Officers immediately helped the man by performing C.P.R. and notifying E.M.S officials.
Manning was taken by medics to Bayhealth Kent General Hospital where he was later pronounced dead. At the time, the cause of death is unknown as detectives await the Medical Examiner's report.
- No one injured in Kent County house fire; cause identified
- Physician, 78, sentenced on Medicaid fraud, drug charges in Va.
- Deputies: Acetaminophen and oxycodone found during Dorchester Co. traffic stop; one arrested
- UPDATE: Suspect charged in connection to Salisbury homicide investigation
- Officials: Teacher suffers minor injury after fight at Wicomico Co. school
- United Airlines suspends new reservations for pets in cargo hold