MILFORD, Del. - Delaware State police arrested two men who were found with 120 bags of heroin during a traffic stop in Milford on Thursday.
Police say they stopped the vehicle on the 300 block of Southeast Front Street when one of the men, 29-year old Joseph Whaley, began to flee on foot. After a brief foot pursuit, Whaley was taken into custody without incident. The other occupant, 22-year old Antonio Peay was also taken into custody without incident.
Police seized the 120 bags of heroin, a small amount of cash and paraphernalia.
Whaley has been charged with Possession of Drug Paraphernalia, Resisting Arrest, and Possession With The Intent To Deliver A Controlled Substance. His bail was set at $6500.00 unsecured.
Peay has been charged with Possession With The Intent To Deliver A Controlled Substance and Possession of Drug Paraphernalia. His bail was set for $5500.00 unsecured.
- Md. students protest guns outside White House
- Seventies film star pledges donation to UMES
- Md. officials preparing for spotted lanternfly invasion
- Police: Officer shot, killed intervening in domestic dispute in Md.
- UPDATE: Man arrested in connection to Salisbury slashing
- U.S. Supreme Court: Dodd-Frank whistleblower protection is narrow