MILFORD, Del. - Two men are facing drug charges, after police say they were involved in a drug transaction while children were present, in Milford.
The Milford Police Department says on Tuesday, just after 4:00 PM, police received information that a suspected drug transaction had taken place between occupants of two vehicles in a parking lot at the Brightway Commons apartment complex. Once on scene, officers say they encountered two men who were identified as 23-year-old Treyvon Bowman, of Ellendale, and 27-year-old Robert Pierce, of Greenwood. Officers report that further investigation led to items being located.
According to the report, Bowman had two children in his vehicle that witnessed the incident. Authorities report that both Bowman and Pierce were also actively wanted by two Delaware courts.
Bowman was charged with carrying a concealed deadly weapon, two count of endangering the welfare of a child, possession of marijuana, and possession of a firearm by person prohibited. Pierce was charged with possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Law enforcement says the 23-year-old's bail was set as $32,250 secured. Bowman then was turned over to the Sussex Correctional Institution with a preliminary hearing at the Kent County Court of Common Pleas on February 2.
Pierce's bail was set at $250 unsecured and a preliminary hearing is set for March 14 at the Kent County Court of Common Pleas.
- Police: Officer shot, killed intervening in domestic dispute in Md.
- UPDATE: Man arrested in connection to Salisbury slashing
- U.S. Supreme Court: Dodd-Frank whistleblower protection is narrow
- Police: Suspects unsuccessful in getting property during Dover home invasion; investigation ongoing
- Traffic Alert: Lane closures for Route 1 NB announced for upcoming Kent Co. project
- Prison visits restricted as preventative flu measure in Del.