GEORGETOWN, Del. - A plea hearing is taking place in Sussex County on Friday morning for an Ellendale man who was arrested for his sixth DUI last February.
44-year-old Luis Rivera is accused of striking Willie Purnell on North Old State Road. State police say Purnell who was intellectually disabled left his home unsupervised.
At the same time, Rivera left the same home to search for Purnell. Police say, Rivera did not see Purnell who was dressed in dark clothing, and he struck him with the front left of his car.
Rivera was uninjured in the crash. but he was hospitalized after being assaulted by a relative.
- UPDATE: 7 more arrested in drug trafficking investigation; 25 arrests total
- Ocean City beach replenishment to get $2.45M in federal funding
- OCPD: Shop owner fined for selling untaxed cigarettes
- Body of missing waterman recovered from lower Chesapeake
- Two Philadelphia men sentenced for 2015 Dover murder
- Hogan vetoes bill restricting crime record use in school admission