DOVER, Del. - Two people were arrested, after police say they found over 300 bags of fentanyl, and over 2,000 bags of heroin during a drug investigation at a Dover hotel.
The Dover Police Department Drugs, Vice, and Organized Crime Unit says on Thursday, just after 12;00 PM, they arrested 28-year-old Russell Thomas and 28-year-old Kimberly Havelow as a result o a drug investigation.
According to the report, officers attempted to approach Thomas in the parking lot of the Dover Down Hotel, when he fled on foot. Authorities say they were able to arrest Thomas and Havelow, who was inside their hotel room during the incident. After obtaining search warrants, police say they executed a search of their hotel room, and Thomas' vehicle.
As a result of the investigation, Dover PD reports that Thomas was found in possession of 351 bags of fentanyl, 2,158 bags of heroin, and 4.2 grams of cocaine, 2 grams of marijuana, and a loaded 22 caliber handgun. Havelow was reportedly found in possession of 45 bags of heroin.
Thomas was charged with possession of a firearm during commission of felony, possession of heroin (Tier 5 Qty), possession of marijuana, drug paraphernalia, possession with intent to deliver heroin (Tier 4 Qty), possession of firearm by person prohibited (2x), possession with intent to deliver cocaine (Tier 2), possession with intent to deliver fentanyl, and resisting arrest. He was later turned over to James T. Vaughn Correctional Center on a $106,900 bond.
Havelow was charged with possession of Heroin and possession of drug paraphernalia. She was later released on an unsecured bond.
- Pot hole season hits the Eastern Shore
- PRMC and ambulance company in hot water over Medicare fraud allegations
- Filing deadline quickly approaching for 2018 Gubernatorial Primary Election in Maryland
- UPDATE: Milton man charged in connection with fight at basketball game
- Judge says he can't grant home confinement to Del. prison guard
- Ex-psychiatric hospital workers plead to criminal charges in Del.