REHOBOTH BEACH, Del. - It's a bittersweet day in Sussex County and that's because a staple in Rehoboth Beach is being torn down after it opened up shop 20 years ago.
The original Dogfish Head Pub is being demolished and folks lined up outside to watch crews take down the iconic building.
The good news is Dogfish already opened up their new brew pub right next door this past May.
We're told a court yard will go in place of the old pub and serve as a connector between the new pub and their other restaurant, Chesapeake and Maine.
Dogfish's co-owner, Mariah Calagione, tells 47 ABC that many people had fond memories in the original dogfish but believes the public will enjoy what the brewing company has in store.
We're told crews will work through the winter to try and get the courtyard by next spring.
- Salisbury City Council reaches consensus regarding mayor's salary
- More changes coming to Salisbury parking meters
- Local community gives back to Salisbury Police Department
- Food pantry giving away Thanksgiving dinner boxes
- DHSS looking for donors for Adopt-A-Family holiday program to provide gifts
- Ocean City recruiting summer police officers