MILLSBORO, Del. - From laying on the floor to rocking on a stool.
These are some of the flexible seating options scattered throughout the classroom at East Millsboro Elementary that are actually helping students learn.
Flexible seating is getting rid of the traditional classroom of sitting in chairs and desks; giving children other options.
East Millsboro Elementary's fourth grade teacher, Wendy Joseph, has been doing research on the concept of flexible seating.
"We have cushions to sit on the floor with a lower table, we have beach chairs, we have lap desk that they can use if they lay on the ground," Joseph says.
Joseph tells us she's had some sort of flexible seating in her classroom in the past year but this year, she finally decided to add more options to her classroom.
Stepping out of the box of traditional seating, Joseph tells 47 ABC, she has seen positive results.
- Democrats unveil bill to ban assault-type rifles in Del.
- Del. woman, non-profit organization employee indicted on multiple fraud charges
- Unconscious driver arrested on DUI charges in Wicomico Co.
- Md. catholic school principal arrested on multiple DUI charges
- Smoke detectors being recalled as they may not detect smoke
- Mumps outbreak linked to Hispanic dance festival in Del.