DOVER, Del. - A crash remains under investigation, after authorities say a man was injured in a hit and run incident, in Dover.
Delaware State Police say on Wednesday, around 9:00 PM, an unknown vehicle was traveling on McKee Road, just west of Fork Branch Road. Troopers say a 34-year-old Dover man was walking on the right shoulder of McKee Road with the flow of traffic.
According to the report, as the vehicle approached the curve in the roadway, the front bumper hit the back of the pedestrian and then ran over his foot.
Authorities say the pedestrian was wearing dark clothing and not carrying a light. He was reportedly removed from the scene and taken to a local hospital, where he is being treated for non-life threatening injuries.
Law enforcement reports that the vehicle was only described as a newer passenger car.
This incident remains under investigation by DSP.
Anyone with information related to this incident is asked to call Corporal D. Vecchio at 302-378-5749 or Delaware Crime Stoppers at 1-800-847-3333.
- UPDATE: Salisbury attempted murder suspect arrested in Pa.
- Del. woman arrested after allegedly making meth during traffic stop
- Md. governor signs gun violence prevention bills
- Police: Suspect wanted in connection to Salisbury shooting
- Man injured as a result of Del. shooting; investigation ongoing
- Milford traffic stop leads to seizure of over 1,000 bags of heroin; one arrested