DOVER, Del. - Officials say that an inmate who walked away from the Morris Community Correctional Center in Dover on March 17 has been apprehended.
According to the Delaware Department of Correction, 33-year-old Gilberto Hernandez of Georgetown, was apprehended by Dover Police last Wednesday.
Officials say that Hernandez was found at the Kent Budget Inn on North DuPont Highway. He was committed to James T. Vaughn Correctional Center on an escape after conviction warrant in lieu of $10,000 cash bail.
Hernandez's current offense is drug dealing. Officials announced that Hernandez absconded back in March after he reportedly failed to return from an approved job seeking pass. All attempts to find Hernandez were unsuccessul and officials did not know where he was and where he was was unauthorized.
Community Corrections Centers are level four facilities where the Department of Correction manages offenders who are going back into the community. The centers are not secured like level five prisons, as offenders are allowed to leave the facility to go to work, seek jobs or go to approved treatment sessions.
- UPDATE: At least 25 horses found dead at Wicomico Co. property; investigation ongoing
- Harris addresses wind farm at town hall
- Remembering CAMP Rehoboth co-founder Steve Elkins
- St. Patrick's Day impacts local sales
- Foodie Friday: Doña Maria's Pupuseria
- Del. man guilty on gun charge relating to 2017 video