SUSSEX COUNTY, Del. - Officials say that senior administrators were placed on leave in Sussex County on Monday after an audit report showed financial misconduct.
According to officials with the Sussex Technical School District, the Board of Education voted to place senior administrators on administrative leave with pay until the outcome of an investigation into matters raised in the Auditor of Accounts report issued last Friday.
In the interim, Sussex Technical High School principal John Demby and assistant principal John Sell have reportedly been entrusted to run day to day District Affairs.
Officials say that no further details will be given to protect the privacy of personnel.
This comes after state auditors said Michael Horsey bought a piece of land for a project for $110,000 and then sold it to the Sussex Technical School District two weeks later for $200,000.
Horsey then reportedly got $3.8 million from the district for construction management work that sometimes avoided state bidding and purchasing requirements.
- UPDATE: Hours for Blades water distribution changes
- Officials investigate sewer system failure in Dover
- Sentencing set in military vehicle contract fraud case in Va.
- Officials: Dorchester Co. fire causes over $100K in damages
- Officials: Liberty St., Commerce St. project set for Feb. 20
- Flu death toll in Del. increases to 18