BLADES, Del. - A chicken house fire remains under investigation, after officials say that it resulted in a total loss, in Blades, on Tuesday morning.
According to the Blades Volunteer Fire Company, units from Laurel, Georgetown, and Seaford assisted in responding to a fully engulfed chicken house fire just after 5:00 AM, on Mirey Branch Road, in Blades.
Officials say that units arrived on scene and found that there were young chicks in the house, who were dead on arrival.
The blaze was a total loss. Units reportedly cleared the scene, almost two hours later, at 7:00 AM.
No one was injured and the cause of the fire continues to be investigated by the Delaware State Fire Marshal's Office.
- Police seize over three thousand bags of heroin along with marijuana during traffic stop
- UPDATE: At least 25 horses found dead at Wicomico Co. property; investigation ongoing
- Harris addresses wind farm at town hall
- Remembering CAMP Rehoboth co-founder Steve Elkins
- St. Patrick's Day impacts local sales
- Foodie Friday: Doña Maria's Pupuseria