SEAFORD, Del - The cause of a house fire in Seaford remains unknown, and under investigation.
The Seaford Volunteer Fire Department say they responded to a report of smoke in the area of Ellis Mill Road and Quail Road, on Tuesday just before 6:45 PM. Responders report that they were met by neighbors at the end of the lane, who said that the home was completely overcome by fire.
Officials say the initial smoke investigation was upgraded to a working alarm. Multiple stations including Blades, Bridgeville, Greenwood, Federalsburg, and Eldorado reportedly assisted with the blaze. According to the report, Sussex County Paramedics, Delaware State Fire Marshal, and Delaware State Police were also called.
Authorities say they worked to put out the fire for over 3 hours. Fire officials say the fire is under investigation by Delaware State Fire Marshal's Office.
- Juvenile killer loses appeal for prison assault in Del.
- Nor'easter snow blankets The First State
- Del. braves another nor'easter
- Talbot County road crews, all hands on deck
- COAD begs for more correctional officers; current CO's working multiple overtime shifts
- Surfrider Foundation's Ocean City chapter encourages people to go strawless this summer