DOVER, Del. - Authorities are searching for an inmate who they say did not return from an approved work pass, in Delaware.
The Delaware Department of Correction says 53-year-old Michael Coker, an inmate at Morris Community Correctional Center (MCCC) in Dover, did not return from an approved work pass, on Wednesday. An warrant for escape after conviction was issued, since Coker's whereabouts are unknown and unauthorized at this time.
According to authorities, Coker is described as standing 6' 0" tall, weighing 180 lbs., with brown eyes and gray hair. His last known address is in Dover, DE. Coker is currently serving time for violation of probation-civil contempt.
MCCC is a level four Community Corrections Center. Community Corrections Centers are level 4 facilities that helps those who are transitioning back into the community. Level four facilities are not secured like level five facilities. At level four facilities, offenders are allowed to leave the facility to go to work, seek jobs, or attend approved treatment sessions.
Anyone with information related to the whereabouts of Coker is asked to call the Department of Corrections at 800-542-9524 or your local police department.
- Md. students protest guns outside White House
- Seventies film star pledges donation to UMES
- Md. officials preparing for spotted lanternfly invasion
- Police: Officer shot, killed intervening in domestic dispute in Md.
- UPDATE: Man arrested in connection to Salisbury slashing
- U.S. Supreme Court: Dodd-Frank whistleblower protection is narrow