MILLSBORO, Del. - Officials say that a Chick Fil A is coming to Millsboro in the near future.
According to Sheldon Hudson, Millsboro's town manager, the Chick-Fil-A will be located near Burger King on Southbound Route 113, at the Peninsula Crossing Shopping Center.
Hudson says that officials have already broken ground and that the project has been in works for more than a year. It is currently unclear when the Chick-Fil-A will start running or how much it will cost, but Hudson says that this will be the first Chick-Fil-A in inland Sussex County, and he says that officials received specific requests for this restaurant.
Millsboro is reportedly growing 10-15% per year and Hudson says that the town recently lowered impact fees by 25% which would save business owners tens of thousands in savings.
He also said that the town plans on bringing in more retail, but as of now, Chick-Fil-A has definitely received their permit.
- Remaining horses on Hebron property monitored during Nor'easter
- Local farmers feeling the impacts of the latest coastal storm
- Updated Delmarva weather conditions as fourth Nor'easter hits the East Coast
- Officials: Level 1 Driving Warning in effect in Kent Co.
- UPDATE: Del. authorities, feds identify bandage disguised robber
- Wanted Seaford man arrested on drug and gun charges