DELMAR, Del. - The Delaware State Fire Marshal's Office investigated and determined the origin and cause of a fire that happened in Delmar, on Thursday.
Deputies say that the blaze happened on Thursday, in the 35000 block of Providence Church Road, at a business trading company, Denison Landscaping. The fire was reported at 4:49 PM.
The Delmar Volunteer Fire Company, assisted by Laurel, Hebron, Mardela Springs and Sharptown Volunteer Fire Companies arrived on scene to find heavy fire inside a 500 foot by 100 foot, pole barn style structure used as a storage building for straw and pine needles.
No injuries were reported during this incident, but the building and contents suffered severe fire damages. Damages were estimated at $200,000.
The State Fire Marshal's Office investigation determined that the fire happened when the exhaust system from a gasoline leaf blower, ignited combustible materials.
- Locals rally in DC for March For Life
- Community writes notes of love on framing of military veteran's new home
- Local high school offers student thrift store
- Wicomico High Schools host opioid awareness day
- Wayne Hartman announces candidacy for State Delegate 38C
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers called in to do an emergency dredging of Ocean City inlet