REHOBOTH BEACH, Del. - In Rehoboth Beach, a hot topic discussion about redevelopment had city officials in a hearing that lasted more than 5 hours Friday.
Earlier this week, the Ocean Bay Mart Project planned to appeal the city's decision on their proposed 63 unit condominium.
That's because, what's there right now is an eyesore, according to some locals.
On Friday, that decision was denied again by the Rehoboth Beach commissioners, making this the second time.
In a statement from the city, officials say "The Beach Walk development was ruled a major sub division. Commissioners by a vote of 4-2 upheld the planning commission's ruling that the proposed beach walk development constitutes a major sub division."
As of right now it is unclear if the denial will be appealed again.
- Worcester County STEM students offered opportunity to work in career fields
- Not My Child hopes to continue conversation about opioids
- Dover sewage failure investigation continues
- Inmate claims "torture" after JTVCC uprising; DOC and COAD deny claims
- Day One of Hammond Taylor trial
- Officials: Students and staff safe after threat reported to Pocomoke High's main office