HARRINGTON, Del. - The fair can be a magical place especially when you're experiencing it for the first time. Tuesday Hertrich Family of Automotive Dealerships made that happen as they took 600 kids from the Boys and Girls Clubs of Delaware to the fair.
Many of the kids were experiencing the fair for the first time.
"This is very special for some of these kids it's the first time they've ever been here so it's a huge experience. It's something that's important to the state so we're really happy that we're able to provide that experience for them to see it," said Courtney Hastings Marketing Communications Specialist for Hertrich.
As part of their day kids saw animals in the barn had lunch and even got to see the circus.
The fan favorite though the baby chickens.
"They're cute, they're nice, they're not rude or nothing," said eight-year-old Maurice Burton.
"It was cute and it was fluffy and it was ticklish," said 8-year-old Khalil Dittman
Of course if you ask some what they'll remember from the fair, well you know the saying. K ids say the darndest things
When I asked Paulino Rivera what his favorite thing from the fair was he said. "Umm a horse pooping,"
- College of William & Mary picks first woman as president in 325 years
- Over 100 doses of alprazolam found in Dover; two charged
- Police: Man wanted after woman was slashed in assault incident in Salisbury
- Dog tests positive for rabies in Kent Co.
- UPDATE: Seaford man pleads guilty for role in shooting death of 18-year-old man
- Man arrested on child pornography charges in Dover