NEWARK, Del. - The Biden institute launched Monday at the University of Delaware, and it already has ambitious goals to make an impact on modern politics.
The institute is named after former Vice President Joe Biden.
While Biden says he will not be teaching at the institute, he does believe it will have an impact on modern politics.
According to Biden the institute will focus on domestic issues such as the U.S. economy and civil rights.
Biden says he'd like to invite leading Democrats and Republicans to speak at events with the purpose of demonstrating the importance of working together.
The former Vice-President also heads the Penn Biden Center for Diplomacy and Global Engagement in Pennsylvania. That center is focused on foreign policies.
- Representative Schwartzkopf hopes to turn a Delaware State Troop into rehab center
- Salisbury City Council votes to hire firm to redesign busy intersection into roundabout
- Airport applying for expansion grant
- Wild Senate race has nothing on past elections in Alabama
- Informant testifies against ex-cop accused in terror trial in Va.
- Gov. Hogan urges reauthorization of children's health program