SMYRNA, Del. - A shooting remains under investigation, after police say multiple vehicles were hit in an incident that happened in Smyrna.
The Smyrna Police Department says on Thursday, just before 9:20 PM, patrol units responded to the 300 block of Daniel Road for a report of shots fired. Once on scene, officers found at least one unoccupied vehicle which had been struck.
According to the report, police say authorities say witness reported that multiple shots were fired in the area and unknown suspects then immediately fled the scene on foot. Officers say a search using a Smyrna PD K9 team was unsuccessful.
According to investigators, it was determined that at least three unoccupied parked cars as well as one home in the area were hit by the gunfire. Police say no one was struck by this gunfire.
This incident remains under investigation.
Anyone with information related to this incident is asked to call the Smyrna Police Department Detective Bill Davis at 302-653-9217 or Delaware Crime Stoppers at 1-800-847-3333.
- Wicomico County Sheriff's Office offering law enforcement explorer program for teens
- Coastal storm pounds Ocean City
- Md. first responders discuss crisis intervention strategies
- Cape Henlopen School District pushes referendum to add more classroom space
- DelDOT preps for Nor'easter
- Authorities release new details on Hebron horse farm