PITTSVILLE, Md. - A Pittsville home suffered over $50,000 dollars in damage after a Christmas morning fire.
According to the state fire Marshal's office crews responded to the 7000 block of Pittsville Road just after 10:00 am.
They say the fire started in the living room on accident as a woodstove chimney ignited nearby combustibles.
It's unsure what the owner was doing at the time - but the fire was reported by someone passing by. No injuries were reported.
The owner of the home is now being assisted by the American Red Cross.
- Day One of Hammond Taylor trial
- Officials: Students and staff safe after threat reported to Pocomoke High's main office
- Fire officials: No injuries reported in Millsboro explosion
- After Florida shooting, Millsboro PD says they're prepped for an active shooting situation
- College of William & Mary picks first woman as president in 325 years
- Over 100 doses of alprazolam found in Dover; two charged