LAUREL, Del. - Police say that they concluded a month long child abuse investigation in Laurel on Monday.
Laurel Police, Delaware State Police and Delaware Division of Family Services arrested Brandon Niblett of Newport News, Virginia and Ashley Cheeseman of Laurel. Niblett was charged with first degree child abuse, second degree assault, second degree conspiracy and endangering the welfare of a child.
Niblett was committed to Delaware Department of Corrections after failing to post $57,000 secure bond.
Cheeseman was charged with second degree assault, providing a false statement to law enforcement, second degree assault, abandonment of a child, hindering prosecution, second degree child abuse and endangering the welfare of a child.
Cheeseman was committed to Delaware Department of Corrections after failing to post $13,000 secured bond.
Anyone that has any additional information related to the investigation is asked to call Delaware Crime Stoppers at 1-800-TIP-3333 or Laurel Police at 302-875-2244.
- Filing deadline quickly approaching for 2018 Gubernatorial Primary Election in Maryland
- UPDATE: Milton man charged in connection with fight at basketball game
- Judge says he can't grant home confinement to Del. prison guard
- Ex-psychiatric hospital workers plead to criminal charges in Del.
- Deputies: Over 400 grams of marijuana found during search in Wicomico Co.; one arrested
- UPDATE: Laurel man guilty in 2017 shooting in Sussex Co.