MILLSBORO, Del. - A fire remains under investigation after officials say a mobile home was damaged as a result of the early morning incident in Millsboro.
The Indian River Volunteer Fire Company says on Friday, just before 12:20 AM, the Millsboro Fire Company, Lewes Fire Department, BLS units, and Sussex County EMS were alerted for a mobile home fire in the 27000 block Devon Drive in Riverwinds. Once on scene, officials learned that a shed fire had extended into the home. Firefighters were reportedly able to stop the fire and prevent it from extending to two other homes.
According to authorities, occupants were home at the time of the fire, but they escaped without injuries. Officials say the two other homes sustained exposure damage as a result of the blaze.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation by the Delaware State Fire Marshal's Office.
- EMS officials address spike in overdose deaths in Delaware
- Dogs seized from backyard-breeder in Georgetown now available for adoption
- Pharmacist fights back armed suspects attempting to rob his pharmacy
- Day two: Joshua Lankford murder trial
- Rehoboth Beach receives $300,000 grant for future public dock
- City of Cambridge will now allow food trucks to operate