MILLSBORO, Del. - A man is in custody, after police say he was charged with his eighth DUI offense as a result of a traffic stop, in Millsboro.
The Millsboro Police Department says on Wednesday, around 6:30 PM, an officer on patrol noticed a red Ford F-250 traveling on Delaware Avenue with an invalid vehicle registration. Police say they pulled over the vehicle and identified the driver as 55-year-old Charles Alsentzer, of Bridgeville.
According to the report, during the traffic stop, the officer noticed the smell of alcohol which prompted a DUI investigation. Authorities report that Alsentzer was taken back to the police station where a computer check revealed that he had seven previous DUI convictions.
Alsentzer was charged with his eighth DUI offense, driving while suspended and revoked, and failing to transfer vehicle registration.
He was then turned over to Sussex Correctional Institution on a $10,501 secured bond.
- Questions asked following end of neighborhood watch
- Resort town changes view of ocean for visitors
- JTVCC Inmate sues DOC over allege "torture" after uprising
- Salisbury officials celebrate groundbreaking of Riverwalk amphitheatre
- Man guilty on multiple charges after previous conviction in Del.
- Maryland Senators pay a visit to Salisbury University to discuss local issues