MILLSBORO, Del. - In light of recent car break-ins in Sussex County, the Millsboro Police Department is providing some tips.
We are told anytime around the holidays, an increase of crimes tend to happen. But you can take precaution.
Make sure your windows are fully up. Also remove any valuables in your car. They also recommend to never leave your car unattended and to park it in a well it area.
Also with Black Friday coming up, make sure to have an eye on your surroundings.
If you happen to get your vehicle broken into, Millsboro PD says there are proper steps to handle that situation.
As soon as you notice it, call the police immediately; don't call later on the day. Also, don't touch anything. They said the best chance of solving these cases are by lifting fingerprints from the surface, so try not to contaminate it.
Another tip, be as detailed as possible when describing any missing items.
- Man arrested after alleged disorderly conduct incident in Salisbury
- Generator Safety Tips
- Deputies: Garage blaze causes $130k in damage in Salisbury
- UPDATE: Two arrested during Milford burglary investigation, one wanted in separate investigation
- Norfolk man pleads not guilty to firing shots at deputy in Accomack Co.
- Sentencing set for former airmen in child sex case in Del.