MILFORD, Del. - Delaware State Police say a man was shot outside of an apartment building in Milford around 2 am on Sunday.
Troopers originally responded to a call, from the Bayhealth at Milford Memorial Hospital Emergency Room, saying a male was shot in the lower half of his body.
According to police, a 31-year-old Millsboro man was shot in the unit block of Linstone Lane, Silverlake Estates Apartments after an argument between two other subjects.
After further investigation, troopers learned the victim went to see what they were arguing about and an unknown person fired several shots in the area, shooting the victim.
The victim left the scene and drove himself to the hospital where he was treated with non-life threatening injuries.
No other individuals were injured and there is no description of the suspect at this time.
If anyone has any information about this incident, they are asked to contact the Milford Police Department at (302) 422-8081 or Delaware Crime Stoppers at 1-800-TIP-3333.
- Local accountants explain the new tax plan
- Missing Dover man: Jimmy Klein
- AARP announces tax prep dates beginning in Feb.
- UPDATE: Hiring process open for upcoming Chick-Fil-A in Millsboro
- MLK III calls out President Trump on alleged immigration comments
- Va. panel votes down push for stricter gun laws