MILFORD, Del. - A man is facing burglary charges, after police say he is responsible for multiple recent vehicle burglaries, in Milford.
The Milford Police Department says that they have completed the investigation of multiple recent vehicle burglaries in the area.
According to the report, on Thursday, police say they arrested 28 year-old Marque Anthony, of Milford, on North Street. Authorities report that during the arrest, they knew he was previously wanted by the Kent County Superior Court and Justice of the Peace Court #6. While taking Anthony into custody, Milford PD says they found items from a vehicle burglary in his possession along with drug paraphernalia.
After further investigation, police say they connected Anthony to other vehicle burglaries and other robberies that officers responded to in the recent weeks. Anthony was charged with two counts of burglary second degree, six counts of burglary third degree, theft over $1,500, nine counts of theft under $1,500, failure to comply with the taking of fingerprints, two counts of criminal mischief, two counts of criminal trespass, and possession of drug paraphernalia.
According to authorities, Anthony's bail was set at $17,452 secured, and a preliminary hearing is scheduled for August 25th in the Kent County Court of Common Pleas.
Anthony was later turned over to the Sussex Correctional Institution.
- Traffic Alert: Lane closures for Route 1 NB announced for upcoming Kent Co. project
- Prison visits restricted as preventative flu measure in Del.
- UPDATE: Victim identified in Dover homicide; one arrested
- Worcester County STEM students offered opportunity to work in career fields
- Not My Child hopes to continue conversation about opioids
- Dover sewage failure investigation continues