MILFORD, Del. - Police say that they arrested a 20-year-old Milford man on Monday, in connection with an October 15th robbery investigation.
According to the Milford Police Department, on October 15th, officers responded to Wawa on North DuPont Boulevard at 4:04 AM, for the report of a robbery. Upon arrival, officers learned the suspect approached staff at the store and reportedly led them to believe that he had a weapon.
The suspect then reportedly demanded money from employees working the check out area. The suspect allegedly stole the money and fled before officers arrived. Further investigation, including tips from the public, led to warrants being obtained for 20-year-old Darren Duffy of Milford.
On Monday, a tip was received about where Duffy was and he was found in the back of the Riverwalk Center on Northeast Front Street (S.R. 14.) Duffy was taken into custody without incident.
He has been charged with first degree robbery and aggravated menacing. Duffy was presented at the Justice of the Peace Court two, where bail was set at $56,000 unsecured. Duffy was also found to be wanted by the Kent County Court of Common Pleas and the Justice of the Peace Court six.
Duffy was committed to the custody of the Delaware Department of Correction at the Sussex Correctional Institution in reference to the warrants.
- Dog tests positive for rabies in Kent Co.
- UPDATE: Seaford man pleads guilty for role in shooting death of 18-year-old man
- Man arrested on child pornography charges in Dover
- UPDATE: Mistrial declared in Sussex Co. rape and kidnapping case; Dover man out on bond
- UPDATE: Trial begins for one of six allegedly involved in 2017 murder of Salisbury man
- DSP: Body found in Dover; death investigation ongoing