SMYRNA, Del. - Officials say that a medical marijuana dispensary is coming to Smyrna soon.
Columbia Care has identified a new location in Smyrna where they have a lease and finished designs. The company says that they will start building the facility so it is ready to open next year.
Columbia Care C.E.O. Nicholas Vita says, "Columbia Care is thrilled with the progress we've made since licensing. Construction at our cultivation and manufacturing facility will be completed by year-end, at which point we expect to begin growing the best selection of strains available in the state.
We identified what we believe is a more centrally-located home for our dispensary in Smyrna to support our long-term commitment to Delaware's medical marijuana program. In Smyrna, we have a fully-executed lease, completed designs, and are set to begin construction.
We are working with local communities and stakeholders to move forward as quickly as possible and begin serving patients in Delaware with respect, professionalism and enthusiasm.
We look forward to offering patients a natural treatment option through our portfolio of medical marijuana derived products that are safe, consistent and manufactured to Columbia Care's stringent quality standards."
- Pastor arrested on child pornography charges in Del.
- President Trump meeting with Apple's Tim Cook on trade
- Police: Four teen suspects arrested in teacher's carjacking
- Two sought in connection with Salisbury theft incident
- Cosby jury begins deliberations
- Former Md. police officer sentenced for lying on timesheets