SMYRNA, Del. - Delaware State Police say two Smyrna teenagers were arrested in connection to a robbery of a pizza delivery driver on Tuesday evening.
A manager at the Smyrna Pizza Hut called and alerted police shortly after 5:50 PM that one of their drivers was robbed while delivering food.
Police say the 46-year-old employee was making a delivery to the 100 block of Nita Drive in the Garrison Lake Green Development when two masked suspects brandishing handguns approached her and demanded the food and cash.
The victim reportedly gave them her delivery and $2 in cash and the suspects ran away towards Leena Lane.
Clayton Police, a Smyrna Police K9 Unit and Delaware Troopers quickly began an investigation that led them to a residence on Leena Lane.
DSP says the homeowners gave consent for police to search the home. Police report locating masks, BB guns and the pizza and other food linked to the robbery.
Two teen boys, one 16 and the other 15, were taken into custody and charged with first degree robbery, wearing a disguise during commission of a felony and second degree conspiracy. The 16-year-old was also charged with resisting arrest.
Both were committed to Stevenson House on secured bonds.
- GOP Health Plan in Virginia
- Road shuts down after crash involving tractor trailer
- Del. girl who fell from NY amusement park ride out of hospital
- Teen charged with resisting arrest, drug offenses after $5k in damages to Crisfield PD
- Two charged after allegedly throwing drugs from a moving car
- Police looking for two suspects after Dover armed robbery