GEORGETOWN, Del. - Delaware State Police have arrested a man and are currently searching for another after the two men fled police during a traffic stop that eventually led to a college campus being put on lockdown.
Police arrested the passenger of the vehicle 24-year old Shaylan Hunt of Laurel and are still looking for the driver identified as 20-year old Nevell L. Jones of Laurel.
Georgetown Police Officers located the suspect vehicle--unoccupied in parking lot of Del-Tech's Georgetown Owens Campus
Police say they found Hunt on the campus where he was also found with approximately 0.35 grams of cocaine and 2.37 grams of marijuana.
Hunt was charged with resisting Arrest, possession of cocaine, and possession of marijuana. He was arraigned at Justice of the Peace Court 2 and released on $750.00 unsecured bond.
Delaware Tech security put the campus on lock down as a precautionary measure while officers were searching the area for Jones.
Anyone with information on the whereabouts of Nevell Jones is asked to contact Detective S. Callaway at 302-752-3826 or by calling Delaware Crime Stoppers 1-800-TIP-3333
- Operation Warm provides coats to hundreds of Delaware students
- Wicomico Co. drug bust leads to arrest of Parkside teacher
- UPDATE: Parkside teacher being held without bond in Salisbury; previous bond revoked
- Del. man charged with third DUI offense after Dover crash
- Wanted Easton man surrenders to police; man facing weapons and drug charges
- Deputies: Student tased after resisting arrest at Parkside High in Salisbury