REHOBOTH BEACH, Del. - A shooting is under investigation, after police say that one man was injured, in Rehoboth Beach, on Monday evening.
According to Delaware State Police, on Monday just before 11:00 PM, troopers responded to Norwood Street, for a reported shooting. Upon arrival, they learned that a 56-year-old Rehoboth Beach man had been shot, while inside of his home.
Investigators say shots had been fired inside of the home, in which a few bullets had traveled through the house, striking the 56-year-old victim twice.
The 56-year-old victim suffered a gunshot wound to his upper torso and upper body. Also in the home, were two other adults and a child, who were not injured as a result.
The 56-year-old victim was taken to a local hospital where he was admitted with non life threatening injuries. No suspect information could be provided at this time. The incident is still under investigation by the Delaware State Police Major Crimes Unit. Anyone with information is asked to call Delaware State Police at 302-752-3791.
Information may also be provided by calling Delaware Crime Stoppers at 1-800-TIP-3333 or via the internet.
- U.S. Supreme Court rejects two gun rights appeals
- VDOT: Mt. Prospect Bridge opens after road work in Accomack Co.
- Traffic Alert: Isabella Street closed for Dept. of Water Works project in Salisbury
- Fire crews respond to structure fire in Stockton
- Officials rush to contain, fix sewage failure in Del.
- Municipalities building from the inside-out